Join our team
- Provide practical and creative legal advice and support on business matters in a fast-paced environment
- Independently support critical commercial matters for the company, including complex and strategic transactions (partnerships, customer launches, technology integrations, among others)
- Negotiate terms for customer agreements, license agreements, partnership agreements, confidentiality agreements, statements of work, vendor and Saas agreements, data security agreements, requests for proposals (RFPs) and other documents; when appropriate, collaborate with leadership and internal stakeholders to define/drive discussions with clients and prospects
- Work cross-functionally and provide legal guidance to various internal functions in the business including new opportunities and product lines.
- Collaborate with internal and external experts to ensure that commercial agreements appropriately manage risk and comply with policies, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Law degree from an accredited law school and membership in a state bar with good standing
- 5+ years legal experience in-house or at a law firm
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Experience negotiating, drafting, and/or editing with a wide range of complex commercial agreements, including technology transactions, health care agreements, data sharing agreements, and sales contracts.
- Experience leading projects, including collecting, distilling and summarizing issues from relevant stakeholders and moving projects forward
- Experience working in-house with a technology company and/or health care organization strongly preferred.
- Additional contracting experience with the following a plus: Health care privacy laws, CCPA, GDPR, etc., State and/or Federal healthcare programs/regulations, ERISA, Provider contracts and partnerships, Technology transactions
- Willing and eager to take on new areas of law and function independently in a demanding fast-paced environment
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, convey grace under pressure, and simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands and shifting priorities
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace
- Sense of humor
This role is in Burlingame, CA or remote.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.Apply now