Join our team
Data Science Manager
Burlingame, California · Technology · Full-timeApply now
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and elite provider network, 2.5 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $680 million.
About the Role
At Lyra, we believe that data driven technology and decision making are a critical part of solving the thorny, complex challenges of mental healthcare quality and accessibility in a broken system. We are looking for an experienced Data Science Manager who cares about impact, ownership, cross-functional projects, and mentorship.
This role can be based in the SF Bay Area, near our HQ in Burlingame, CA, or remote.
Lyra is for you if you
- Want to work with brilliant people solving hard problems
- Have a passion for social impact and helping people when they are most vulnerable
- Like to collaborate across teams with physicians, therapists, engineering, and product managers
- Believe in using data to drive decision making with stakeholders with a focus on data quality and application of data to answer questions
- Be a hands-on technical leader for the data science team responsible for data research, data analysis, and the development of statistical/predictive models.
- Be the owner of all data analysis, research publications, metric catalogs, data definitions, and data models
- Manage, scale, and mentor the data science team
- Work with stakeholders on priorities and roadmap for data analysis, research publications, and predictive data models
- Provide code reviews and management of best coding practices
- Plan and manage bi-weekly sprint boards
- 4+ years working as a data science manager focused on data analysis, R&D, and predictive analytics
- A track record of scaling and building data science teams
- Demonstrated understanding of statistical applications and methods (experimentation, probabilities, regression)
- Graduate-level statistics coursework with MS in a quantitative field preferred (statistics, econometrics, biostatistics, quantitative social sciences)
- Experience with Python processing data and SQL with writing complex queries with multiple schemas and tables.
- Experience working directly on projects that result in published articles in scientific/academic journals
- Experience developing comprehensive analyses using diverse data sources
- Strong communication skills and ability to generate consensus and buy-in within the team and stakeholders
- A strong can-do attitude to help keep projects moving forward and follow through on requests, action items, and eliminate blockers.
- Organizational skills and the ability to simplify complex problems and prioritize what matters most for the sake of the team and the business
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.Apply now