Join our team
Director of Product Design
Remote · Product & Design · Full-timeApply now
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
Lyra Health is looking for an experienced design leader to build, develop, and manage key facets of Lyra’s Design discipline. As the Director of Design at Lyra, you’ll help drive strategy, vision, and execution across the entire product life cycle, while leading and growing a team of accomplished design and content managers.
As a senior leader at Lyra, you’ll partner closely across design, product, engineering, clinical, partnerships, customer success, marketing, and other stakeholder teams to develop a deep understanding of our users (including members, providers, and buyers).
This role will play a leadership role in every facet of the Lyra lifecycle, including driving execution both yourself and through your teams ultimately shaping Lyra’s product ecosystem for millions of users worldwide.
This role will report directly to our Head of Design and will join the Product and Design leadership teams at Lyra.
This role can be full-time in our Burlingame, CA headquarters, OR virtual (remote candidates must be based in the United States).
- Manage key facets of the member experience while balancing business and user needs (including account management, health plans, in-care, self-care, providers, and customers)
- Manage and grow a team of design and content managers and their teams of ICs working across the Lyra lifecycle
- Shape Lyra’s design culture, through collaboration, feedback, and socialization
- Improve existing systems, processes and programs that optimize the design team’s efficacy
- Work across teams to steward design excellence, ensuring the highest level of craft across all design deliverables
- Work with design leadership to codify the “Look & Feel” of the Lyra platform and product experience
- Participate in design reviews, providing guidance, and constructive feedback in service of delivering world-class products and experiences
- Maintain awareness of emerging member, business and competitive opportunities to ensure we are fulfilling those needs
- Manage communication with internal stakeholders and external prospects and customers
- Invest in the team’s growth by supporting the learning and development of each and every team member
- Serve as a thought leader and advocate for user experience at Lyra
- 12+ years of experience working in UX, UI, HCI related field
- Proven track record managing managers through successful product launches across iOS, Android, and web
- Experience driving roadmaps and setting the direction for the team to execute
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining multi-disciplinary design teams
- Experience implementing design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment
- Highly proficient with design tools (Figma, Principle, etc)
- Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets, shaping design for multi-disciplinary projects
- Mastery of design craft
- Strong ability to communicate design decisions and UX best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well on a highly collaborative and cross-functional team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Knowledgeable of current accessibility standards and able to apply them.
- Sound business judgment with ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements, and prioritize.
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual communication, HCI, or equivalent practical experience
Diversity & Inclusion at Lyra
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) at Lyra is essential to the way we deliver culturally responsive care, build and manage our provider network, and support holistic efforts to strengthen DEIB in workplaces around the world—including our own.
- People come to Lyra with a range of needs, backgrounds, and abilities that influence their response to mental health support. Our diverse network of providers delivers comprehensive mental health treatment and support rooted in culturally responsive care, a multicultural approach that accounts for the impact of cultural backgrounds on each person’s care experience. Learn more at https://www.lyrahealth.com/diversity-equity-inclusion-belonging/
Pay and Benefits
The anticipated annual base salary range for this full-time position is $186,000-256,000. The base range is determined by role and level, and placement within the range will depend on a number of job-related factors, including but not limited to your skills, qualifications, experience and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses.
Annual salary is only one part of an employee’s total compensation package at Lyra. We also offer generous benefits that include:
– Comprehensive healthcare coverage (including medical, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, life and disability insurances)
– Lyra for Lyrians; coaching and therapy services
– Equity in the company through discretionary restricted stock units
– Competitive time off with pay policies including vacation, sick days, and company holidays
– Paid parental leave 401K retirement benefits
– Monthly tech stipend
– We like to spread joy throughout the year with well-being perks and activities, surprise swag, free food and snack deliveries each month, regular community celebration…and more!
We can’t wait to meet you.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.Apply now