Join our team
Director of Product Management
San Francisco Bay Area · Product & Design · Full-timeApply now
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
Lyra Health is looking for a Director / Senior Director of Product Management to help drive strategy and execution for our B2B platform services, as well as leading and growing a team of product managers focused on this domain area. In this role, you will collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders, including individuals in both go-to-market and operational teams, to define and deliver new product capabilities that both delight our customers and scale the way in which Lyra delivers its services.
As a senior member and manager on the Product team at Lyra, you’ll partner closely across design, engineering, partnerships / sales, customer success, finance, business operations, marketing, and other stakeholder teams to develop a deep understanding of our customers and partners, and craft compelling solutions that meet both external and internal needs. You’ll have an opportunity to play a leadership role in every aspect of the product life cycle, including driving execution both yourself and through your team.
- Engage with sales, customer success, prospects, customers, and partners to understand pain points and opportunity areas, and develop product (or non-product) plans that help achieve both short and longer term business objectives.
- Be an expert in our B2B operational processes, and collaborate across teams to deliver solutions that help scale the way that we price, bill, collect, manage member claims and entitlements, and run other key processes.
- Identify, develop, and lead breakthroughs in playbooks and processes that drive more efficiency, effectiveness, and happiness in how we operate as a product team and engage with other parts of the organization.
- Leverage market analysis, competitive knowledge, and customer research to define and validate both a project strategy and detailed product plans for your areas of responsibility.
- Be the voice of our customers. Thoroughly understand their needs, including conducting research and testing in conjunction with designers.
- Define and analyze product metrics to inform decision-making and measure success.
- Develop and communicate product requirements as well as a coherent roadmap. Work with designers and engineers to ensure successful envisioning and delivery of new features and functionality.
- Keep stakeholders informed by sharing progress on existing product initiatives as well as future roadmap plans.
- Drive alignment and effective problem resolution across the organization, including sales, customer success, and the Lyra leadership team.
- Manage, mentor, and grow an existing team of product managers, collaborating with you on all of the above.
- 10+ years of experience in product management at successful SaaS or enterprise software companies, with strong domain experience in operational areas such as pricing, billing, payment collections, revenue, or insurance claims management
- Demonstrated experience fostering a strong partnership with enterprise sales and customer success teams to meet customer needs. Ability to productively discuss and achieve win-win outcomes in an environment of competing priorities and complex tradeoffs
- A desire and ability to engage deeply on customer pain points, identify and prioritize both short- and long-term product solutions, and also be effective in identifying and advocating for alternative workarounds when appropriate
- An ability to deliver solutions requiring strong cross-functional collaboration across product management, design, engineering, data, finance, legal, clinical, business operations, and other internal teams
- 4+ years of experience hiring and leading other product managers, with demonstrated coaching, mentoring, and team building skills
- 12+ overall years of related experience in technology at both high-growth start-ups and larger organizations. Experience in health tech is a plus
- Ability to listen well but also effectively convey one’s point of view, both in writing and orally; strong presentation skills to all audiences, including executive teams
- Demonstrated leadership and strong, proactive ownership over one’s area of responsibility, with an ability to multitask and prioritize across multiple complex projects
- Strong accountability, attention to detail, and an execution-oriented mindset
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment, balancing the need to deliver upon both short- and long-term outcomes
- Ability to think strategically and analytically
- A passion for delivering upon Lyra’s mission
- BA or BS required, MBA or equivalent professional experience preferred
Diversity & Inclusion at Lyra
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) at Lyra is essential to the way we deliver culturally responsive care, build and manage our provider network, and support holistic efforts to strengthen DEIB in workplaces around the world—including our own.
- People come to Lyra with a range of needs, backgrounds, and abilities that influence their response to mental health support. Our diverse network of providers delivers comprehensive mental health treatment and support rooted in culturally responsive care, a multicultural approach that accounts for the impact of cultural backgrounds on each person’s care experience. Learn more at https://www.lyrahealth.com/diversity-equity-inclusion-belonging/
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.Apply now