Join our team
Engineering Manager – Front-End (Remote – U.S. only)
Burlingame, California · Technology · Full-timeApply now
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
About the Engineering Manager – Front End role:
We’re looking for results-oriented, solutions-focused Engineering Managers to lead our nimble, scaling engineering teams. Lyra’s EM roles allow you to take full-advantage of the opportunity to leverage your technical expertise, while helping to mentor and grow our engineers via coding feedback/best practices, championing strong design patterns and architectural principles. Perhaps most importantly, your success in these areas will have a direct, tangible impact on both our company’s growth, as well as our mission to deliver high quality, evidence-based mental health care to millions of people in need.
This role can be full-time in our Burlingame, CA headquarters, OR virtual (remote candidates must be based in the United States).
- Be a hands-on technical leader for a small and nimble engineering team on designing, developing and deploying core product functionality.
- Manage, scale and develop the team.
- Collaborate with key partners including product, data and behavioral health specialists.
- Ensure that best practices are adhered to during all phases of software development and deployment.
- Ensure adherence to the highest quality and security standards.
- 7+ years overall experience including 2+ years management experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in CS or a related technical field
- Experience developing enterprise or consumer web applications using React/React Native
- Excellent communication skills across a diverse range of audiences
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong bias to action
- Passionate about Lyra’s mission and transforming mental health
- Bonus: Prior startup experience
Diversity & Inclusion at Lyra
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) at Lyra is essential to the way we deliver culturally responsive care, build and manage our provider network, and support holistic efforts to strengthen DEIB in workplaces around the world—including our own.
- People come to Lyra with a range of needs, backgrounds, and abilities that influence their response to mental health support. Our diverse network of providers delivers comprehensive mental health treatment and support rooted in culturally responsive care, a multicultural approach that accounts for the impact of cultural backgrounds on each person’s care experience. Learn more at https://www.lyrahealth.com/diversity-equity-inclusion-belonging/
Pay and Benefits
The anticipated annual base salary range for this full-time position is $178,000 – $245,000. The base range is determined by role and level, and placement within the range will depend on a number of job-related factors, including but not limited to your skills, qualifications, experience and location.
At Lyra, base salary is only one aspect of an employee’s total compensation package, which additionally may include discretionary restricted stock unit awards, comprehensive medical and dental coverage, and retirement benefits. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.Apply now