Lead Clinical Expert
Burlingame, California · Clinical Ops · Full-time
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
About the Role
Lyra is at the forefront of increasing access to evidence-based, efficacious mental health services on a large scale. Lyra has developed innovative blended models of coaching and psychotherapy that combine leading clinical expertise with routine outcomes monitoring and engaging digital mental health tools. Initial scientific publications on Lyra’s coaching [link
], and psychotherapy [link
] provide strong evidence for the clinical effectiveness of these programs.
We are looking for a senior clinical expert with a strong background and applied experience in evidence based psychotherapies to support the development of our next generation blended care programs.
You will be part of a highly skilled and collaborative team with an established track record for creating and evaluating blended care mental health programs. Your work will support the development of our programs in multiple ways including: a) initiating and maintaining collaborations with clinical researchers and research labs with state of the art expertise in evidence based therapies, b) disseminating clinical insights in cross-functional settings across Lyra, c) managing talented psychologists who are developing digital mental health interventions, including collaborating on curriculum development and clinical content review for various evidence based therapies, d) reviewing and synthesizing clinical science (research publications, clinical reports, treatment manuals, books) to inform decisions around program and clinical curriculum development, and e) exploring strategic directions for clinical expansion of evidence based clinical programs.
By contributing to the development of new clinical blended care programs with a strong scientific foundation your work will help create meaningful positive change on a large scale.
- PhD in clinical psychology or a related field
- 7+ years of experience post graduation
- Passionate about increasing access to evidence based interventions at a large scale
- Excellent training and clinical experience with a wide variety of evidence based treatments (CBT, DBT, Prolonged Exposure/CPT, MI/MET, ACT, etc.) and clinical modalities (individual, group, couple, family therapy)
- Leadership and management experience
- Avid consumer of research
- Program and curriculum development for evidence based interventions
- Excellent communicator with demonstrated experience in delivering presentations and/or trainings on evidence based interventions
- Research experience including peer-reviewed publications is a strong plus
- Comfortable with technology
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment – we move quickly to develop and evaluate clinical programs thus we seek people who are comfortable with constant change, feedback, and improvement
- Independent, open-minded, non-judgmental, compassionate and flexible
- Excellent interpersonal skills
This position can be local (onsite in our Burlingame office) or remote, or a combination (i.e 2 days onsite, 3 days from home).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.