Join our team
People Operations Coordinator
Burlingame, California · People · Full-timeApply now
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
About the Role
This hybrid role will be based in Burlingame, CA.
The People Operations Coordinator role is a newly created, hands-on role that provides exceptional employee customer support as the representative for day-to-day HR inquiries. This role is ideal for someone who is looking for broad exposure to HR and wants to grow with a quickly scaling organization. You’ll contribute to the ongoing evolution of the People team by serving as the main administrative point of contact for areas such as onboarding, employee support, and compliance. You will also support our company culture initiatives, including coordinating company events and communications to build connections and celebrate our Lyrians in a fast-growing and distributed workforce.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with internal and cross-functional team members, such as Recruiting, Payroll, Legal, IT, and DEIB to onboard new team members to Lyra, providing a positive employee experience from pre-hire to first week and beyond
- Responsible for day-to-day onboarding process, i.e., running and monitoring background checks, coordinating orientation, obtaining new hire paperwork, setting up new hires in all relevant systems, and ensuring all relevant policies are acknowledged
- Create and maintain employee files, ensuring accuracy and confidentiality
- Be a go-to team member by providing day-to-day support for employees for all HR inquiries and requests
- Partner with People Ops team members to maintain data integrity in all systems
- Coordinate and maintain internal People Ops team operations, processes, meetings, and resources, including People team Zendesk pages and internal standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Responsible for completing employment verifications
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiencies of the People department
- Assist generalist with planning company events and engagement programs to foster a positive and connected company culture and celebrate our Lyrians in a fast-growing, distributed workforce
- Own the employee swag ideation and ordering process for the entire company, including new hire swag kits, corporate swag, and holiday gifts
- Provide internal communications support, including assisting with the monthly employee People update
- Assist HR generalists in coordinating and facilitating annual People programs
Employee Culture and L&D
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1-3 years of professional experience in an HR, administrative, or similar role
- Strong attention to detail, including data entry into spreadsheets, onboarding platforms, and/or HRIS systems
- Project management experience is a plus!
- Great team player with a collaborative mindset towards the team
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and drive towards aggressive deadlines
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Thoughtfulness, flexibility, and a positive attitude
- Fluent in Google Apps and MS Office
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.Apply now