Join our team
Senior UX Animator (Remote)
San Francisco Bay Area · Product & Design · Full-timeApply now
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
Lyra Health is looking for a mid-sr level Animator to help us craft visual solutions and scale Lyra’s educational content library by bringing stories to life.
As a mid-level Animator at Lyra, you’ll craft high quality content while solving problems creatively across various styles and applications. Your narrative solutions will take into account Lyra’s end-to-end ecosystem, and in this role, you’ll work from idea to implementation alongside clinicians, ux researchers, product designers, product managers, engineers, and executives to shape the content ecosystem for millions of users.
This role can be full-time in our Burlingame, CA headquarters, OR virtual (remote candidates must be based in the United States).
- Work in multiple facets of the animation production pipeline for video content: Interpret scripts into storyboards, participate in the creation of illustrated assets and production art, execute on animation from draft to final production
- Help develop clinical lessons into digestible formats
- Work collaboratively with project leads and art directors to ensure consistency of style across all animated content
- Support end-to-end illustration and animation process across our product features from initial concept and ideation to final production and implementation support (while utilizing user research and data to inform approach)
- Identify appropriate tone, detail, audience, and style through briefs and open communication
- Participate in design critiques and present work regularly in stakeholder feedback meetings
- Partner closely with Clinical, Product Design, UX Research, Product Management, and Engineering to help shape and deliver upon our product roadmap
- 4+ years of animation experience in a product setting
- Strong portfolio demonstrating motion and animation principles in a variety of contexts
- Experience in 2D animation (traditional hand drawn and/or 2D puppet)
- Experience in narrative design and storytelling
- Animation production pipeline experience
- Demonstrate the ability to use animation and illustration to express user needs, behaviors, and emotions
- Mastery in Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Figma
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a collaborative, iterative product team with Product Designers, Engineers, Product Managers, UX Researchers
- Ability to be self-directed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree in art, graphic design, visual communication, or equivalent practical experience
Nice to Haves
- Experience in working on teen-oriented content
- Experience illustrating/animating in a product setting designing for consumer-facing digital experiences for web and mobile applications
- Strong 2D rigging skills
- Experience in Toonboom or TVPaint
Diversity & Inclusion at Lyra
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) at Lyra is essential to the way we deliver culturally responsive care, build and manage our provider network, and support holistic efforts to strengthen DEIB in workplaces around the world—including our own.
- People come to Lyra with a range of needs, backgrounds, and abilities that influence their response to mental health support. Our diverse network of providers delivers comprehensive mental health treatment and support rooted in culturally responsive care, a multicultural approach that accounts for the impact of cultural backgrounds on each person’s care experience. Learn more at https://www.lyrahealth.com/diversity-equity-inclusion-belonging/
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.Apply now