Join our team
Product Design Manager
Remote · Product & Design · Full-timeApply now
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and elite provider network, 2.5 million people can receive best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $680 million.
About the Role
Lyra Health is looking for a Product Design Manager to build and lead a team of product designers, providing direction and guidance for their team’s deliverables while guiding best practices in cross-functional partnerships and the end-to-end design process.
Product Design Managers at Lyra will craft a strong design practice, influence strategy, and provide design mentorship to help their designers focus on executing their best work while supporting career growth and development.
Successful candidates have experience leading teams designing for mobile (native apps and mobile web) and desktop web with an incredible eye for detail and an ability to think big, break new ground, and impact both users and the business.
As a Product Design Manager at Lyra, you’ll lead projects and teams to successful outcomes by approaching problems holistically and creating elegantly simple solutions to multi-faceted, complex problems. In this role, you’ll work from idea to implementation alongside product designers, product managers, engineers, clinicians, and executives to shape the internal design culture and the external design ecosystem for millions of users.
- Manage, mentor, and inspire a team of product designers, providing design direction while pushing the quality of the design work
- Push the boundaries of your team’s vision, explore divergent concepts, and establish the trajectory for your team’s roadmap
- Lead and represent your team effectively, substantiate the work and the decisions behind them, and be an advocate for user-centered design
- Accelerate team efficiency by improving processes and workflows within the design team and cross-functional teams
- Own the end-to-end user journey from ideation to final production with a high level of polish across all digital platforms: iOS, Android, and web
- Influence the shape of the product with research and data while executing designs (as needed) using high-quality wireframes, user journeys, cross-platform interactive prototypes, and pixel-perfect visual design
- Contribute to Lyra’s holistic design system
- Participate in design critiques and present work regularly in stakeholder feedback meetings
- Evaluate design opportunities through UX research interviews
- Build relationships with cross-functional team members across disciplines, and effectively speak to process, goals, and team vision
- Partner with engineers as they build and ship solutions
- 8+ years of experience working in UX, UI, HCI related field with experience working on mobile
- Proven track record of leading design teams through successful product launches across iOS, Android, and web
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining multi-disciplinary design teams
- Experience implementing design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment
- Highly proficient with design tools (Figma, Sketch, Principle, etc)
- Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets, shaping design for multi-disciplinary projects
- Mastery of design craft
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well on a highly collaborative and cross-functional team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual communication, HCI, or equivalent practical experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.Apply now