Join our team
Senior Commercial Counsel
- Provide practical and creative legal advice and support on business matters in a fast-paced environment
- Independently support critical commercial matters for the company, including complex and strategic transactions, partnerships, customer launches, technology integrations.
- Negotiate customer master services agreements, data protection agreements, partnership agreements, confidentiality agreements, statements of work, vendor agreements, data security agreements, requests for proposals (RFPs) and other documents; collaborate with leadership and internal stakeholders to define/drive discussions with clients and prospects
- Work cross-functionally and provide legal guidance to various internal functions in the business including new opportunities and product lines.
- Collaborate with internal and external experts to ensure that commercial agreements appropriately manage risk and comply with policies, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Lead and/or support various legal team initiatives as needed
- Law degree from an accredited law school and membership in a state bar with good standing
- At least 10 years legal experience, with at least 5 years in-house preferred
- Experience advising on contract implications based on federal and state healthcare regulations and privacy laws (Strong working knowledge of HIPAA, CCPA, GDPR, etc).
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of complex commercial agreements, including master services agreements, business associate agreements, data privacy agreements, data sharing agreements, partner/reseller/channel agreements, and other outbound customer contracts.
- Experience leading projects, including collecting, distilling and summarizing issues from relevant stakeholders
- Experience working in-house with a fast-paced technology and services company in the healthcare space and/or a healthcare organization strongly preferred.
- Willing and eager to take on new areas of law and function independently in a demanding fast-paced environment
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, convey grace under pressure, and simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands and shifting priorities
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace
- Sense of humor
This role is located in Burlingame, CA or remote.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.Apply now