Join our team
Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist
Burlingame, California · G&A · Full-timeApply now
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
About the Role
Lyra is looking for a Senior Accounts Payable Specialist to join our quickly growing team. This role will be responsible for executing critical, fundamental accounting operations as well as strategically growing and improving our business. A strong foundation in accounting and business is necessary for the role as the company will look to you for guidance and support of operations. You will need excellent communication, sound judgement, and a bias toward action.
An ideal candidate will have a track record of successfully operating in dynamic environments. They should be able to identify business needs and be comfortable working across teams to create solutions and improvements. The Accounts Payable Specialist will work across the business to thoughtfully organize operations and improve our clarity into the business.
This is a hybrid position based in Burlingame, CA.
What You’ll Do
- Report directly and serve as a trusted partner to Lyra’s Senior Accounts Payable Manager
- Review and process employee expense reports and ensure compliance with Company’s expense policy
- Review and process corporate credit card expense reports and ensure employees are in compliance with T&E and corporate credit card policies
- Receive, research, and resolve a variety of internal and external inquiries concerning account status including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to the appropriate parties
- Manage and process vendor invoices (daily)
- Manage timely correspondence with external vendors and internal parties.
- Assist in month end-close process (AP/T&E accruals)
- Vendor management including setting up vendors and monitor the W9 process to ensure all controls are met.
- Performs other duties and projects as required to support Accounting Department
Who You Are & What You’ve Done
- 5+ years of experience in Accounts Payable
- Experience with Accounts Payable software and ERP (Coupa & NetSuite is a plus)
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage projects/tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience building out processes, procedures, and workflows that enable sustainable scaling of the business
- Healthcare, technology and/or startup related experience is a plus
- Excellent customer service skills, including polished communication via phone and e-mail
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and complete projects
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines to accommodate weekly and monthly processes
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.Apply now