Join our team
Sr. Revenue Accountant
Burlingame, California · G&A · Full-timeApply now
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
About the Role
Lyra is looking for a Senior Revenue Recognition Accountant to join our fast-growing team. This position will participate in all aspects of the revenue accounting function to support cross-functional teams such as Sales, Sales Ops, Products and Legal with proper accounting guidance, assist with revenue accounting close activities in compliance with ASC 606 and the revenue recognition policy and maintain an effective internal control environment. This is an opportunity to play a key role in implementing changes and automations.
- Review fully executed customer contracts to conclude on appropriate accounting treatment and identify any issues to ensure that all revenues are accounted for in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (ASC 606).
- Review drafts of customer contracts and provide revenue accounting guidance to Legal and Sales personnel on an as-needed basis.
- Prepare supporting revenue accounting documentation, including revenue accounting checklists and position papers.
- Assist with technical research on complex revenue accounting issues.
- Assist with Fair Value (SSP) analyses of historical sales transactions.
- Perform monthly/quarterly close tasks including revenue review, journal entries and accruals, account reconciliations and analysis
- Support annual audit and quarterly reviews by providing external auditors with requested documentation for revenue transactions being tested.
- 3-5 years of software revenue accounting experience.
- Public Accounting experience preferred.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills required for regular and frequent interaction with sales and legal personnel, senior management, and outside auditors.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- SQL a plus
- ERP financial systems experience, preferred: SFDC, NetSuite, Zuora
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA certification.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.Apply now