Join our team
Software Engineer, Data Services (Remote – U.S. only)
Burlingame, California · Technology · Full-timeApply now
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
About the Role
At Lyra, we believe that data-driven technology and decision making are a critical part of solving the thorny, complex challenges of provider quality and accessibility in a broken system. We are looking for a technical lead who cares about impact, ownership, cross-functional projects, and mentorship.
This Software Engineer role on the Data Services team is a full-time role that can be hybrid from our Burlingame, CA headquarters, OR virtual (remote candidates must be based in the United States).
Lyra is for you if you:
- Want to work with brilliant people solving hard problems
- Have a passion for social impact and helping people when they are most vulnerable
- Like to collaborate across teams with physicians, therapists, data scientists, and product managers
- Be part of the data services team – a team of innovative engineers working on core pieces of serving our data APIs and ML models
- Participate, contribute and lead designing of systems for building foundational pieces of the data services team and deliver high quality, impactful software
- Work with multiple stakeholders on requirements, project management and solutions for data APIs
- Drive efficiency in systems through automation, documentation and following software engineering best practices
- Demonstrate high degree of ownership in all facets – design to productionizing to iterative improvements
- 2+ years of professional (non-academic/internship) experience as a Software Engineer
- Ability to write high-quality code in Java (Kotlin a plus) with a track record of shipping impactful data APIs
- Experience implementing, designing, and scaling production-level data APIs in AWS using Kubernetes
- Experience working with highly-sensitive data in a healthcare environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complex problems and prioritize what matters most for the sake of the team and the business
Diversity & Inclusion
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) at Lyra is essential to the way we deliver culturally responsive care, build and manage our provider network, and support holistic efforts to strengthen DEIB in workplaces around the world—including our own.
- People come to Lyra with a range of needs, backgrounds, and abilities that influence their response to mental health support. Our diverse network of providers delivers comprehensive mental health treatment and support rooted in culturally responsive care, a multicultural approach that accounts for the impact of cultural backgrounds on each person’s care experience. Learn more at https://www.lyrahealth.com/diversity-equity-inclusion-belonging/
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.Apply now