Join our team
Staff UX Researcher (Remote)
San Francisco Bay Area · Product & Design · Full-timeApply now
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
Lyra Health is looking for a Staff UX Researcher for the Prospective Clients team. The researcher in this role will help shape solutions that ensure Lyra’s members can easily understand and navigate their mental health care options, including connecting to care. As a Staff UX Researcher at Lyra, you will help shape the research culture and process from the ground up while owning both high-level strategy and tactical execution (switching between the two as needed) in the Prospective Clients area. In this role, you’ll leverage insights to inform the strategy and roadmap behind 0-to-1 initiatives, build consensus with large cross-functional teams, and shape the design and product ecosystem that impacts millions of users.
This role can be full-time in our Burlingame, CA headquarters, OR virtual (remote candidates must be based in the United States).
- Discover, synthesize, and socialize impactful insights to shape product strategy and drive business impact (short term and long term)
- Guide cross-functional teams to draw meaningful insights from research and communicate them clearly and powerfully to partners
- Design and execute a variety of research studies, including field studies, usability tests, concept tests, group discussions, surveys, etc.
- Conduct both in-person and remote research, including travel as needed
- Scope, prioritize and create a research roadmap for the Prospective Clients product
- Partner closely with marketing and data science to develop a deeper understanding of our Prospective Clients and surface opportunities to product leadership to inform the roadmap
- Improve existing systems, processes, and programs that optimize the Prospective Clients team efficacy
- Advocate for our Prospective Clients and the experience they have at the beginning of their mental health care journey with Lyra
- 8+ years of experience in user research related to software and digital experiences
- Hands-on experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods (NLP a plus)
- Ability to define key research questions and objectives, identify appropriate methods, execute studies, and synthesize findings
- Passion for translating findings into actionable business and product recommendations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (storytelling essential)
- Proven track record of successful partnership with product managers, designers, data scientists, engineers, and other business partners
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems in an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
- Experience with Qualtrics, moderated testing, unmoderated testing, rapid usability testing, survey design and data analysis critical (Python and R a plus)
- Portfolio of research focused work samples for web and mobile applications
- MA/MS or PhD in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology or a related field is preferred
Diversity & Inclusion at Lyra
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) at Lyra is essential to the way we deliver culturally responsive care, build and manage our provider network, and support holistic efforts to strengthen DEIB in workplaces around the world—including our own.
- People come to Lyra with a range of needs, backgrounds, and abilities that influence their response to mental health support. Our diverse network of providers delivers comprehensive mental health treatment and support rooted in culturally responsive care, a multicultural approach that accounts for the impact of cultural backgrounds on each person’s care experience. Learn more at https://www.lyrahealth.com/diversity-equity-inclusion-belonging/
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.Apply now