Join our team
M&A Technical Accounting Manager
Burlingame, California · G&A · Full-timeApply now
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
About the Role
Lyra is looking for a technical accounting manager to join our quickly growing team. This role will be responsible for overseeing international accounting operations as well as helping to grow and improve our business. A strong foundation in accounting and business is necessary for the role as the company will look to you for guidance and support of operations.
An ideal candidate will have a track record of successfully operating in dynamic environments and should be comfortable setting up an international accounting function and working cross-functionally to resolve issues. The candidate should also be flexible and adaptable as priorities change and be willing and able to work on projects outside of the international accounting area and should also be willing to adapt working hours to accommodate time zone differences. Some travel will be required.
This role is based in Burlingame, CA, or remote.
- Lead Accounting team’s financial due diligence, technical accounting and post-close integration activities for M&A transactions
- Collaborate with Legal, Tax, Business Development personnel as well as outside parties to understand and the accounting, process and systems implications of M&A and other transactions
- Research other accounting issues and write technical position memos
- Monitor and update existing accounting policies and write new policies as needed
- Support financial audits
- Implement appropriate financial controls
- Solid foundation in GAAP with experience in public accounting at Big 4 firm
- 6+ years of overall experience
- Experience in technical accounting research, including ASC 805
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Ability to think through complex problems, determine proper processes, and derive accounting conclusions
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage projects/tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience building out processes, procedures, and workflows that enable sustainable scaling of the business
- Strong communication skills
- CPA preferred
- Healthcare and/or technology industry experience is a preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.Apply now