Lyra’s Approach

Lyra is committed to using evidence-based treatments because they are the most effective methods for treating common mental health challenges. Different evidence-based treatments work for different problem areas. Lyra ensures members get the right kind of evidence-based treatment for their specific needs.

What Makes Treatment Evidence-based?

There are hundreds of therapies out there, but only a handful of them have been rigorously tested through randomized control trials. The most effective methods share some common characteristics, according to the Society of Clinical Psychology.

Common evidence-based treatments include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Prolonged Exposure (PE), and Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP).

Fewer Than 20 Sessions

Evidence-based treatments are often short-term and research shows that the results are long-lasting.

Practice Between Sessions

Treatment usually involves exercises and assignments to help you practice new skills. The more you practice, the faster you progress.

Learn New Skills

When you’re stuck, sometimes you need new strategies. These treatments teach practical skills to better manage thoughts, emotions, and behaviors.

Set Goals

Providers focus treatment sessions on working towards specific client goals and track progress towards those goals throughout treatment.

Track Progress

These treatments involve measuring how people 
are doing throughout treatment so providers 
can tailor their approach 
to ensure it’s effective.

star1
star2
star3

More Data Points, Better Care

In keeping with evidence-based practices, Lyra measures how clients are doing at key points in their treatment journey using clinical measures. These data points help providers to better manage treatment and help Lyra to identify the best providers.

Only 20% of therapy treatment methods are evidence-based. The other 80% are treatment methods that are untested or have been proven to be ineffective or even harmful to clients. Unfortunately, there are currently tens of thousands of providers who are not using evidence-based treatments.

star1
star2
star3

The Benefits

Thousands of studies have shown that evidence-based therapies positively impact mental health outcomes. Whether it’s by reducing stress, improving sleep, or reducing anxiety, research shows that these treatments work. They work better than other therapy options and can even work better than medication, particularly when it comes to preventing relapse.

Research shows that evidence-based treatments can positively impact:

Anxiety Trauma Stress and Burnout Alcohol and Drug Abuse Depression Sleep Issues Relationships Parenting and Family Issues

People who receive evidence-based treatment are...

More likely to Improve and Recover

Studies have proven that evidence-based treatments are significantly more effective at reducing symptoms and improving quality of life compared to other treatments for many common behavioral health issues.

More Likely to Have a Speedy Recovery

Because most evidence-based treatments are designed to be effective in a short-term format, members are more likely to feel better fast. Members can recover in months rather than years.

Less Likely to Have Symptoms Resurface

Research shows that many people who receive EBT for certain disorders, like depression and anxiety, are less likely to relapse compared to people who are treated with medication.

The Research

Published papers supporting evidence-based treatments

The Efficacy of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: A review of Meta-analysis
Stefan G Hofmann, Anu Asnaani, Imke J.J. Vonk, Alice T. Sawyer, Angela Fang
The empirical status of cognitive-behavioral therapy: A review of meta-analysis
Andrew C. Butler, Jason E. Chapman, Evan M. Forman, Aaron T. Beck
Characteristics of Empirically Supported Treatments
William O’Donohue, Jeffrey A. Buchanan, Jane E. Fisher

Quality Matters

At Lyra, we don't want your members to feel stuck. Learn how Lyra builds a network of evidence-based providers so your members can access the high quality support they need to feel better quickly.

Get a Demo
star1
star2
star3