Join our team
Burlingame, California · G&A · Full-timeApply now
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
About the Role
Lyra is looking for an Accounting Associate to join our quickly growing team. This role will be responsible for executing critical, fundamental accounting operations as well as strategically growing and improving our business. A strong foundation in accounting and business is necessary for the role as the company will look to you for guidance and support of operations. You will need excellent communication, sound judgment, and a bias toward action.
An ideal candidate will have a track record of successfully operating in dynamic environments. They should be able to identify business needs and be comfortable working across teams to create solutions and improvements. As a key team player, the Accounting Associate will support the accounting team on timely and accurate financial accounting and reporting, process improvement and automation.
This is a hybrid role based out of Burlingame, CA.
- Report directly and serve as a trusted partner to Lyra’s Accounting Manager.
- Assist with monthly accounting close process, including preparation of journal entries, account analysis, and general ledger reconciliations in accordance with close calendar timelines.
- Assist with maintaining accounting schedules for accruals, allocations, and intercompany activities.
- Assist with cash reporting and recording transactions on a daily basis (ACH, checks, wires).
- Assist with the preparation of audit schedules and providing support for audit selections.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams throughout the organization to ensure timely and accurate completion of key reporting activities.
- Help to maintain and update company-wide procedures, policies, internal controls, and documentation to ensure consistency and clarity in business operations.
- Be a strategic team player in driving process improvements.
- Contribute to ad hoc financial and accounting projects as necessary.
- Help to prepare different financial forms, documents, reports and other administrative duties as and when required.
- Learn the details and be prepared to roll up your sleeves, when needed in order to meet executive expectations.
- 2+ years of experience working in either public accounting, corporate accounting, or combination of the two (Big 4 experience is a plus)
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, or other quantitative field
- Experience with accounting and ERP software (NetSuite is a plus)
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage projects/tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience building out processes, procedures, and workflows that enable sustainable scaling of the business
- Healthcare and/or startup related experience is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.Apply now