Join our team
Data Scientist (Remote – U.S. only)
Burlingame, California · Technology · Full-timeApply now
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and global provider network, 10 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $900 million.
About the Role
At Lyra we believe that data-driven technology and decision making is a critical part of solving the thorny, complex challenges of provider quality and accessibility in a broken system. We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience (academic/internships alone will not qualify) who cares about clinical quality, impact, ownership and cross functional collaboration.
*This Data Scientist role can be full-time in our Burlingame, CA headquarters, OR virtual (remote candidates must be currently located in the United States).
As a Data Scientist on this product-facing team, you will…
- Work closely with Lyra’s product and operations teams to deliver a great provider experience – one that combines their technology acumen with an emphasis on client skill development – a practice that is differentiated, short-term, and cost-effective.
- This includes guiding a client during a difficult experience, and increasing alliance to, and adherence with, our programs/shared decision making tools, allowing for a truly interactive in-session experience.
- Create frameworks to monitor and report on the performance of in-session features and tools, and discover actionable insights about the provider experience that our internal teams will leverage to enable our platform to be more engaging and efficient for our providers.
- We will also look to you to provide input on business strategy, including generating insights on how we can continue to grow Lyra’s provider network.
Lyra is for you, if you…
- Have a passion for data analysis, and want to leverage your work to benefit the mental well-being of our clients.
- Want to work with brilliant people solving hard problems
- Have a passion for social impact and helping people when they are most vulnerable
- Like to collaborate across teams with physicians, therapists, data engineers, and product managers
We are looking for someone with…
- MINIMUM of 3+ years of professional experience in data analysis, preferably in a healthcare industry setting.
- Preference for individuals who have experience in product analytics and have partnered with Engineering/Product teams in prior roles.
- Demonstrated understanding of statistical applications and methods (experimentation, probabilities, regression).
- Experience with Python, including cleaning and analyzing data as well as using Python to parse JSON structured data, call APIs, create user-defined functions and automate.
- Strong SQL proficiency, including experience writing complex queries with multiple schemas and tables.
- Experience developing comprehensive analyses using diverse data sources. Experience with Tableau is a plus.
- Willing to self-start, self-teach and research if you don’t know how to do something.
- Strong communication/interest in understanding the whole business and collaborating across multiple functions.
- Graduate-level Statistics coursework, with MS in a quantitative field preferred (statistics, econometrics, biostatistics, quantitative social sciences) or equivalent professional experience.
Diversity & Inclusion
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) at Lyra is essential to the way we deliver culturally responsive care, build and manage our provider network, and support holistic efforts to strengthen DEIB in workplaces around the world—including our own.
- People come to Lyra with a range of needs, backgrounds, and abilities that influence their response to mental health support. Our diverse network of providers delivers comprehensive mental health treatment and support rooted in culturally responsive care, a multicultural approach that accounts for the impact of cultural backgrounds on each person’s care experience. Learn more at https://www.lyrahealth.com/diversity-equity-inclusion-belonging/
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or any other category protected by law.Apply now